Why Stay up-to-date?
Staying up to date in this ever changing world can seem overwhelming. Technologies often seem to become obsolete as readily as they are introduced to the market. However, there are reasons to stay up to date not just in the technology field but in our personal education. Here are five good reasons to keep striving to know more.
- The technological changes are not only something that techies need to be kept informed of. These affect our everyday life and change the face of both education and business. The advancement in technology is happening at breakneck speed. It may seem impossible to keep abreast of every innovation. However, general knowledge of the newest mainstream devices and software is beneficial to understand the changing marketplace and make yourself more marketable in your chosen field.
Strive to encounter and test out as many new technologies as you can on an ongoing basis. Even if you do not master them all, you will benefit from the exposure should one of them become commonplace as touch screens and mobile apps have.
- Continuing education helps advance careers and keep individuals highly employable if something should happen with a current employer. Aside from the software that may change your job requirements or how you work; there is always something more to learn to do your job better. Continuing education enriches your understanding of your field and gives you an advantage in a tough market. Continuing to grow and learn will not just benefit your resume but your overall achievement in your career.
- Educational practices are ever changing and even those who take a classical approach to education are discovering new benefits and methods to aid all students to learn. Being up to date in the educational field provides new strategies for teaching and deeper understanding of how students learn. In addition, understanding educational practice and policy allows you to better advocate for the education of the children in your home, state, or country. It also lends itself to better providing supplements and extracurricular activities to enhance what is being taught and make up for what may be lacking.
- Staying up to date on geo-political news and needs of neighbors near and far is essential to serve the world well. Conquering any crisis requires information. How much harder is it to overcome a problem if you do not even know it exists? Keep informed of what is going on in the world to the best of your ability. Use the information you acquire to make judgement calls, protest injustices, and aid worthy causes. Better informed citizenry leads to more stable nations, accomplished initiatives, and greater aid to those in the most need.
- Being current builds bridges and fuels ingenuity. As the adage goes, “The more you know, the more you grow.” Feeding your brain with the latest studies or newest breakthroughs gives you an advantage to soar higher, more quickly. Innovative bridges are built in the brain, these in turn become bridges in knowledge, opportunity, and unity.
Being in the know not only helps you see how to build a bridge but where it is most needed. Grow your future, help mankind, and deepen your understanding by continuing to learn and keeping up to date.
How do you stay up-to-date?